If you need to backup your Mozilla Firefox files like password, bookmark then you are right palace read this post to better understand. Yes, we can take a backup of our data in Firefox.
Backup Mozilla Firefox Profile
If you use Mozilla for surfing the Internet on your personal PC or laptop, then definitely you save your password, bookmark in this browser. But Hoback pickup these passwords. First, I will tell you that you made any changes in Firefox like homepage, password, bookmarks, etc. all are saved in a specific folder, called Profile. If you backup these folders, then if you uninstall Firefox or reinstall windows or any other problem which cause your Firefox and you lose your data you recover it.
Information Stored In Mozilla Firefox Profile Folder
Bookmarks, Downloads, Passwords, Browsing history, Site-specific preference, Search engine, Personal dictionary, Autocomplete history, Cookie, Dom storage, Security certificate settings, Security device settings, Download actions, Plugin MIME type, Stored session, Toolbar customization, User preferences, User styles.
How To Backup Profile Folder
- First, install latest version of Firefox. (Or Update)
- Then open Firefox, click on menu button, then click on help then click on troubleshooting information.
- Troubleshooting Information tab will open now click on Open Folder.
- Your profile files folder opens here your all Firefox files stored.
- You can also open profile folder without open the Firefox by opening Run or Win+R to open windows run dialog box. Here, type %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ and click ok your Mozilla profile folder opens.
- Now copy profile folder and paste any secure location.
- Now you have back up your Mozilla Firefox profile whenever you have a problem with your Firefox uninstall it and restore this profile folder in Firefox.
Like our Facebook page or subscribe our email newsletter to get faster updates. If you are any question about this article or any suggestion do let me know via comment.