Disable autorun in windows can be your problem when you install a lot. Windows’ autorun feature is turned on by default to ensure the user experience.
Autorun is a Friend to Malware
The autorun feature is amazing but a threat to your PC from Malware and Viruses. Anybody can easily damage your PC via autorun hiding Malware behind it.
The autorun feature allows the programs to run from an external device as soon as they are connected to your PC. Now, as said above, autorun exploits Malware and damage your PC very hard and may exploit privacy.
The cure is simple, disable autorun.
How To Disable Autorun/Autoplay
There are no settings included disabling autorun or autoplay via any interface for external devices. But the method I am gonna show you can disable this feature very easily and quick.
- Open RUN from the start menu or win+R.
- Type in gpedit.msc and hit enter.
- In Computer Configuration, go to Administrative Template>Windows Component>Autoplay Services.
- Click Turn off Autoplay, choose to disable and click ok.
To Disable Autoplay
- In gpedit.msc, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer
- Select NoDriveTypeAutoRun, if not there, create a new DWORD value by right-clicking and select new DWORD(32-bit)
- For disabling all set the value to FF. If you want some to work then,
- 1 – Unknown Devices
- 4 – Removable Devices
- 8 – Fixed Devices
- 10 – Network Devices
- 20 – CD-ROMs
- 40 – RAM Devices
If you change your mind, delete all these to again turn on the autorun feature.
For Windows 8/10, open the control panel and select setting. Go to autorun and here you can easily disable autorun. In Windows 10, just search for autorun, select choose what to happen next and disable autorun feature.
Hope you like it. Share it!!