Being a developer, I tried almost all custom ROMs available for my YU device. One thing I like the most about my device is its Open Source model. It doesn’t matter which YU mobile you have, the software can be changed easily and tweaked. So, today, I am gonna show you how you can unbrick hard-bricked YU Yureka.
Unbrick Hard-Bricked YU YUREKA
- Install QPST (2.7.422) tool – We will be using the QFIL tool which is part of QPST package.
- Install the Qualcomm Download Mode Driver 9008 on Windows PC.
- The required drivers are in the folder QualcommDownloadModeDriver_9008.
- For 32-bit Windows OS open Allx86 & double click on dpinst32.exe to start the driver installer (accept all prompts)
- For 64-bit Windows OS open Allx64 & double click on dpinst32.exe to start the driver installer (accept all prompts)
- Boot YUREKA to Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode
- Power off the device/remove the battery and the re-insert after few seconds.
- Open the back cover, unscrew all the screws for the inner cover. Pry open the inner cover to expose the 6 tap points next to the headset plug.
- With the battery connected, short the top two tap points on the right side.
- With the two tap points shorted, plugin the USB cable. The device will enter (9008) QDL mode. If the Qualcomm driver is installed correctly, the device will show up as a serial device.
Flashing YUREKA Hard-brick Recovery files in Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode
Note: The files needed for low-level device recovery are in the YUREKA_Bootloader_Recovery folder.
Open the QFIL tool, if you complete previous steps correctly, it will detect the device as: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COMx)
In Select Programmer path browser to the folder with those files and select: prog_emmc_firehose_8936.mbn
The Select Build section will automatically select the base folder with those files
Now click on Load XML.
- First, you will be asked to select the RawProgram file, browse to the folder with those files and select rawprogram0.xml
- Next, you will be asked to select the Patch file, browse to the folder with those files and select patch0.xml
- Finally, click on “Download” to start the flashing process.
Keep watching the Status log, After flashing is over the following status log will be shown:
PATCH: Partition 0, Sector: 1, Offset 16 Bytes, Size: 4 Bytes, Value: CRC32(1,92)PATCH: Partition 0, Sector: 0, Offset 16 Bytes, Size: 4 Bytes, Value: 0PATCH: Partition 0, Sector: 0, Offset 16 Bytes, Size: 4 Bytes, Value: CRC32(NUM_DISK_SECTORS-1.,92)Total download file size: 52.9502MBThroughput: 10.59004M/s
- Reset Phone
- Waiting for reset done…
- The device will now boot and get stuck at the YU boot logo! The device will be continuously vibrating.
Congratulations now the device is revived!
Close the QFIL program, Disconnect the device and remove the battery for few seconds. Reinsert the battery and now keeping the VOLUME UP button pressed connect the device to PC – this will trigger FASTBOOT mode.Now flash Lollipop (64-bit) factory images via fast boot.